Monday, October 19, 2009

Quote of the Day

Hi there folks... I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and have decided to start it today. I will, on a daily basis, find a quote, or two, or three, of great significance which also contain deep wisdom. Today, just to get the ball rolling, I'm going to include quite a few quotes. I hope you find them as enlightening as I have.

Benjamin Franklin -

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."

"Having been poor is no shame, but being ashamed of it, is."

Alexander Tyler -

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."

Theodore Roosevelt -

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to runin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation of all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities."

"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."

I believe you will find the following quotes to be quite enlightening.

"We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society."
- Hillary Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..."
- Bill Clinton

I wonder who else believed as they, and most democrats, including Barack Obama do... Oh... Lookie... I have another matching quote.

"It is thus necessary that the individual should come to realize that his own ego is of no importance in comparison with the existence of his nation; that the position of the individual ego is conditioned solely by the interests of the nation as a whole ... that above all the unity of a nation's spirit and will are worth far more than the freedom of the spirit and will of an individual. .... This state of mind, which subordinates the interests of the ego to the conservation of the community, is really the first premise for every truly human culture .... we understand only the individual's capacity to make sacrifices for the community, for his fellow man."
- Adolph Hitler

No comments:

Post a Comment